I know I was supposed to post my first review of an iPhone app but I’ve really been wanting to make this pickle juice chili recipe and I had some Sweet and Spicy pickles left from last weekend’s big goal planning party…..I thought the Sweet and Spicy pickle juice would be perfect for this chili recipe. Here is the recipe (I doubled it by the way):
Pickle Juice Chili
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound, ground meat or steak, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small, green pepper, chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 cup pickle juice from the jar (I used Sweet & Spicy pickle juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
In a large pot over medium to high heat, add the oil. Add the onion, ground meat and garlic. Sauté, stir and brown for 3-5 minutes. Add green pepper, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, pickle juice, salt and pepper.
Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add kidney beans, stir and set to simmer or low heat. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
Serve in a bowl and add your favorite chili accompaniments.